Holistic Marketing Success for Health and Wellness Centers
Holistic and complementary therapy is a flourishing industry around the world right now.
An increasing number of health and wellness centers are opening up as the health and wellness industry expands.
This is because people are gradually becoming more aware of their own personal health and wellness, developing their interest, and becoming more aligned with natural and holistic methods of therapy.
Perhaps you are here because…
- You are feeling drawn to begin a career in holistic health therapies and would love to open up your own health and wellness clinic one day.
- Some of you may want to learn more about how best to succeed in the industry before you take the leap.
- Or maybe you have already become a certified holistic health practitioner and run a wellness center but are looking to up-level your online health and wellness business marketing to gain more clients.
Many wellpreneurs (wellness entrepreneurs) have chosen to leave their corporate career behind them and are now following their new-found passions instead, by becoming a holistic therapist or wellness entrepreneur.
Quite often the big dream is to eventually open up a wellness center, studio or clinic one day. This then opens up the opportunity for further business growth and income, by inviting other wellpreneurs to come and join you onboard and work alongside you (or to give classes or services in your center).
Maybe you, like many other wellness entrepreneurs, would rather just focus on helping clients than attracting them.
That’s pretty common, but if you want to help more people and grow both the impact you have on others, as well as your income, it literally pays to be serious about your business plan and corresponding marketing efforts.
When it comes down to it, no matter whether you already have, or are thinking about creating a…
- Large, professional clinic with numerous holistic therapists,
- Cozy natural wellness center with an organic cafe and yoga studio
- Mindfulness and meditation center
- Thai massage clinic
- …(the list goes on!)
…As a small business running a health and wellness center, to compete prosperously in this upward market, a bulletproof and successful holistic marketing strategy needs to be planned and implemented. In particular a digital marketing strategy needs to be executed to aid with growing your business.
- Read more about the advantages of digital marketing for business growth.
Thankfully, from my own knowledge and personal experience with marketing and setting up small businesses within the holistic health and wellness niche, I have created a complete marketing guide for health and wellness centers.
Wherever you are on your journey, I will teach you everything you need to know about how to market your business effectively in order to grow your brand, gain more prospects and live out your passion successfully.
This marketing guide for holistic health and wellness centers will certainly help to inspire and teach you the best marketing practices that are working right now.
Don’t forget to save this pin to Pinterest!
In this marketing guide, the following topics will be discussed:
- Holistic health careers in health and wellness industry
- Choosing health and wellness center names
- Holistic marketing concept and definition
- Health and wellness business plan for centers
- 5 holistic marketing tips for health and wellness centers
If you are new to the holistic health industry and are considering setting up your own business then the next few sections are vital for you to read. Before we discuss effective marketing strategies for health and wellness centers, and to help keep you on the right track, let’s first take a closer look at what a career in holistic health entails, as well as choosing health and wellness center names.
However, if you already run or own a wellness center, you may want to the skip these next few sections and jump straight down to the ‘holistic marketing concept and definition‘ section.
Holistic Health Careers In Health And Wellness Industry
The term holistic comes from the word ‘whole’ meaning complete. Holistic medicine is a form of healing based on balancing the entire person, which includes their physical body, mind, spirit, and emotions, in the quest for optimal health and wellness. Holistic health practitioners believe that all parts are interdependent, meaning that if there is an imbalance in one part, then their overall health is affected. Read more information about holistic health.
As mentioned earlier, and as noted in the bottom line of digital health and wellness, people are becoming increasingly aware of their personal health and wellness. In particular, natural methods to mainstream medicines, which often originates back to ancient traditions, are becoming more favourable.
As a result, the alternative healing industry, as a whole, is currently witnessing renewed popularity. People are now looking to trained holistic health practitioners to help them on their path of natural healing. This has created a number of new opportunities for business startups and wellpreneurs choosing careers within the holistic health industry.
But what does this mean for you? Well, if you are considering a career in holistic therapies and would like to learn how to become a holistic health practitioner, you will certainly benefit from reading the alternative health practitioner career guide.
Additionally, you can learn more about what the approximate holistic health practitioner salary is for different holistic health careers in health and wellness industry by clicking here.
Further, if you are thinking of setting up a health and wellness center, you will find the following article useful:
Choosing Health And Wellness Center Names
Choosing health and wellness center names can often be overwhelming.
To help influence a flow of creative ideas, try completing the following five-minute exercise to assist you in finding potential wellness company names:
Write down 10 words and concepts, which your business will entail and that conveys your overall message, for each of the following categories:
- The target audience (10+ words/ concepts)
- Your service, product or program (10+ words/ concepts)
- The emotional reaction customers will experience (10+ words/ concepts)
Once you have your list, you can then experiment by putting one word from each category into different combinations to formulate different health and wellness company names. Ultimately, the wellness business names and tag-lines (if you use one) that you come up with should capture all of the three areas: audience, product or service, and emotion.
Once you have a selection of great ideas, it is time to complete some final checks using the following online tools:
Holistic Marketing Concept And Definition
The holistic marketing concept focuses on one single goal: an excellent customer experience.
It is the newest approach to marketing and the latest business concept. It originated as a response to fundamental changes in the current marketing environment.
The theory then, is that a business and all its roles should cater towards this one goal.
The holistic marketing definition follows the same philosophy as the definition of holistic therapy; it considers business and all its parts as one single entity and gives a shared purpose to every activity and person related to that business. Much like a human body, a business has different parts, but it’s only able to function properly when all those parts work together towards a same objective.
“A holistic marketing concept is based on the development, design, and implementation of marketing programs, processes, and activities that recognize their breadth and interdependencies. Holistic marketing recognizes that ‘everything matters’ with marketing and that a broad, integrated perspective is necessary to attain the best solution.” ~ Philip Kotler, Professor of Marketing
To explain further, as a small business you have different functions working in your business, such as sales and marketing, accounting and finance, research and development and operations. Implementing the holistic marketing concept to your business model means to make sure that the relevant information from each of these different segments crosses over so that you achieve success.
For example, you need to make sure that the analytical feedback from your sales and marketing efforts is used to fine-tune your research and development tasks so that you can optimise your productivity while attracting the right customers. Likewise, you need to make sure that you also focus on the accounting and finance sector of your business to make sure you are using the exact budget available. Thus, in the above manner, you will end up with the right product at the right price with the right profits. Along with this you get the right people who will market your product in the right manner. If you do all these things, you are sure to get the right customer to your doorstep. This is the complete essence of holistic marketing concept. By doing the correct things together within your small business, your product and brand stands a far better chance in being successful than compared to these elements working individually without any holistic vision.
Overall, holistic marketing enforces an interrelatedness and believes that a broad and integrated perspective is essential to attain best results.
For further reading on the holistic marketing concept, read the following article:
Health And Wellness Business Plan For Centers
The process of creating a health and wellness business plan will help you to to organise and solidify your ideas, especially when it comes to marketing. You will be able to understand the costs involved, outline potential risks, and assess how you’ll manage cash flow for your business.
Additionally, it is often a requirement to show evidence of a business plan in order to secure a loan or other investment for your company, or to simply lease a space to operate your business from.
Creating a business plan can seem like a monster task. To help you, I have created a business plan template for you to print out and use. Simply send an email using the form below and I will send you a copy to print out and use.
5 Holistic Marketing Tips For Health And Wellness Centers
To help you with your marketing strategy, I have put together a list of the top marketing ideas for your health and wellness center.
1) Target a niche
Health and wellness companies who research and narrow their focus on a particular group of their target market, become the go-to service provider for this set of customers.
By targeting a niche, the health and wellness company is then more recognisable by consumers and no longer drowned out from competitors.
When you are able to provide a specific solution to a specific problem, you will be the health and wellness company that stands out from the crowd.
How to apply the holistic marketing method:
- Use a public relations outreach program to interview your niche target market and find out what challenges they face now and in the past. Discuss ways that you help them, and what value they would put on that solution etc.
- Allocate some of your budget to subscribe to magazines and newspapers written for your ideal client – note down any repetitive language, phrasing and themes used.
- Use your analytical software to find competitive keywords and model them in your own writing and marketing. You can outsource this task to free up your time.
- Participate in events where your ideal client is likely to attend. You can volunteer at charity events, attend seminars, go to networking groups, sit in the audience at lectures, and so on.
- You can then use all the information you collect and apply it to your marketing and advertising efforts.
2) Define the ‘market of prevention.’
Too often, people turn to holistic health and wellness once they have a problem. Instead, emphasise the importance of complete nutrition and wellness for good health and wellbeing as a lifestyle choice to prevent becoming ill, rather than as medicine to treat ailments.
Focus on promoting health and wellbeing by creating empowering marketing campaigns, which helps to build a community. This can include setting up group programs where clients can participate in challenges together as well as attending accountability meet-ups.
This will influence your target audience to make healthy choices in their personal lives, all while becoming regular returning customers to your center!
How to apply the holistic marketing method:
- Work out the marketing budget, by looking through the business accounting, to price up a group program.
- Utilise online channels to reach out and advertise to the ideal target market.
- Use personal relations skills to setup pop-up events in health food stores to advertise the program at your wellness center.
3) Offer just two programs of services
Start your holistic health private practice with only offering two ways to work with you.
Providing a customer with too many options often leads to decision paralysis and can end up meaning they don’t take up any option at all.
Instead, only give customers a choice between two health and wellness services. It is much easier for them to make a decision.
When a customer enters, you can then ask them if they would like to get started with program A or program B.
How to apply the holistic marketing method:
- Use the analytical information gathered from targeting your ideal audience, as well as the information from your accounting and budgeting, (tip 1) to then create two plans suited to your business finances and target market needs.
- Offer a discounted rate for the first few clients to test out your programs and gather feedback.
- You can then use this feedback to fine-tune your programs and gather testimonials to use within your marketing material.
4) Setup a referral incentive
In order to promote health and wellbeing services that you provide to your ideal customers, word of mouth is still the best method of advertising.
Therefore to boost the promotion of health and wellbeing services and programs offered at your clinic or wellness center, offer a referral system that gives customers who find you paying clients, a discount.
Your referral incentive should also cover online reviews. Word of mouth fuels the health and wellness industry, with 88 percent of clients trusting online reviews just as much as recommendations from friends and family.
Although gaining new clients must be a priority, you also need to nurture the relationship with your existing customers. Setting up a loyalty program can help with this, and encourages your customers to continue to return.
How to apply the holistic marketing method:
- Use your business accounting to work out how much discount you can give customers and still make a profit.
- Use your marketing efforts to create business cards with the referral offer clearly stated on them.
- Use your public relations efforts to attend events and get networking to dish out those business cards and spread the word about your services.
- Give 10 of these cards to each one of your potential clients to keep in their purse, desk or briefcase etc. This way when they start talking about you they can pull out their referral tool and give value to a future client.
5) Get on social media
Getting active on social media is no longer a questions of if, but when. Social media and online advertising is here to stay, and maintaining an active presence on social media helps keep you at the top of your clients mind.
Just as important as maintaining up-to-date information is taking the time to keep up with a consistent schedule for posts, tweets and shares across social platforms. If it seems like a lot of work to manage your social accounts in real-time, it most certainly is, and you can outsource your online marketing tasks.
Once the creative juices are flowing, consider trying out a social scheduling tool.
Complete health and wellness consumers buy lifestyles, so your approach must influence holistic health and wellness.
Examples of content marketing on social media include: blogs, how-to guides, images, podcasts, ebooks, case studies, videos, infographics, and illustrations. Content marketing establishes thought leadership and helps you build authentic relationships, but it has to be strategically defined and implemented.
Quality content identifies you as the leader in the wellness space, but ask questions, share stories, and start a discussion. Use content marketing to inspire mental health and wellbeing, connect, and cultivate relationships.
Create a sense of community health and wellness that impacts your target audience’s lifestyle choices for the better.
How to apply the holistic marketing method:
- Use personal relation outreach programs to understand the type of content your customers find valuable.
- Collect data collected from prospects, via an online lead magnet, to create personalised emails (strategically designed landing pages are a great way to provide valuable information for free while capturing email addresses).
- Use research from creating your marketing plan to define your customer persona profiles and cater to each group to maximise relevancy, engagement, and brand awareness.
- Use analytical software to test what is working and then use this to revamp and tweak your social media efforts.
Goal Software To Help You Achieve More By Doing Less
As a busy entrepreneur, you must manage your time productively so that you can get more results and more quickly. This can often be a lot easier said than done, especially when procrastination keeps creeping up on you.
Although I have provided many productive tips for you to incorporate into your work lifestyle, I wanted to also share a great piece of software with you that helps you start achieving more of your goals and managing your workload. It is called, “Goals On Track,” and it has been a BBB Accredited Business since 2010.
GoalsOnTrack is a comprehensive solution to keep all your goals together and motivate you to make progress everyday. It can help you set SMART goals, break down long term goals into milestones or sub goals, and organize them with your own categories. There are many different templates to choose from to suit your business needs.
When you use the software you also get:
- Unlimited access to web and mobile apps
- Free upgrade on new features and future add-ons
- 30-day unconditional money back guarantee. Instant account activation.
- 5 free business e-books on success and motivation, that you can instantly download and read.
Take a sneak preview of the software and read the frequently asked questions to find out more about this software.
Now that you have a selection of useful marketing tips for your health and wellness center, it is time to put the ideas into action!
But before you do, it will be useful to check out the following articles:
>> Business Startup Consulting – 6 Common Marketing Mistakes To Avoid
>> 8 Of The Latest Digital Marketing Advantages
Additionally, you may decide to get a brochure of your services printed to hand out to your target audience. For more information and advice on this, check out this guide on writing brochures that generate sales leads.
Finally, a smart idea is to allow an expert to manage your marketing activity for you. Get in-touch today using the form below.
To setup an initial consultation by phone, please fill in the following contact form:
In your message, please also include the following:
- Your full name and business name
- A brief overview of your:
- current marketing activity
- desired business goal
- target market and industry
- If available, any budget range and specific timescales.
Reasons to register:
- Exclusive special offers and discounts
- Additional industry marketing news updates for fitness, health and wellness businesses.
How we use your information:
Don’t forget to save this pin to Pinterest: