Wellness Marketing For Holistic Health Coaches (Including Multi-Level Network Marketing Coaches)
According to the Worldwide Survey Of Fitness Trends for 2018, wellness coaching has been in the top 20 since 2010. It was listed at number 17 in 2014, number 13 in 2015, number 13 for 2016, and number 15 in 2017.
“We expect the demand for health coaches to continue to grow, especially among women, who are living longer and searching for ways to take better care of themselves from a preventative and nutritional standpoint. Health coaches will provide them the education and accountability they need to achieve their health goals.” – Dr. Diana Hoppe, Interbusiness Issues
Health and wellness coaching often uses a one-on-one approach similar to a personal trainer with the coach providing support, guidance, encouragement, and confirmation when short and long-term goals are reached. Some of the most successful holistic health coaches focus on the client’s values, needs, vision, aspirations, and goals.
In order to become a holistic health and wellness coach, there are different routes you can take when setting up your online business. You may decide to work alongside a holistic health multi-level marketing company where you help to sell their products, while growing your own team of coaches. Or you may decide to ‘fly solo’ and setup your own holistic health and wellness coaching business guiding others and reaching out to potential clients online.
Either way, this complete wellness marketing guide will teach you how to be successful in network marketing, and is sure to help you with your online coaching business no matter which type of holistic health and wellness coach you are, or decide to become.
So, whether you are thinking of becoming a health and wellness coach, or you would like to learn how to succeed in network marketing, or you are a certified holistic health and wellness coach and are looking to up-level your business to gain more income and online visibility, then this marketing guide is for you! I will take you through the steps and assist you on your path to becoming a successful online holistic health and wellness coach.
For a full list of articles covering:
Digital Marketing Plans For Businesses – click here
Don’t forget to save this pin to Pinterest:
In this article the following topics will be discussed:
- Starting a health and wellness business to coach others
- Multi-level network marketing (MLM) coaches
- Personal online coaching businesses
- Creating a coaching business plan
- Choosing a name for a brand
- Wellness network marketing success tips
- Social media tips for health and wellness coaches
- CTA certified coach program
Starting A Health And Wellness Business To Coach Others
As I mentioned before, there are different options available to you when it comes to setting up health and wellness businesses, and it all depends on your health and wellness brands’ goals and vision.
In general, setting up a health and wellness home based business as a coach provides you with the freedom to run your entire business from home, coaching clients over the telephone and online.
There are also differentiating benefits to each style of coaching business, so we will go through the advantages and disadvantages of both to help you make your decision on which route to take.
The two styles of coaching I will be discussing in this guide are the following:
- Health and wellness network marketing companies
- Personal online coaching businesses
Health and wellness network marketing companies
Some of the most prosperous health and wellness coaches online, are actually part of a multi-level network marketing scheme for a holistic health company that they believe in and support.
Health & wellness companies are so popular for network marketers because the very niche is evergreen; unlike other MLM companies, which are in the market for only a year or two health & wellness companies are here to stay.
Once you become a member of a health and wellness brand that offers a MLM program, you will gain access to discounts for the products you decide to purchase (and this is a must if you sign up to a program).
You gain revenue from selling products to others, as well as recruiting (also known as sponsoring) other people to sign up to the MLM program and become part of your down-level team.
- Low startup costs (usually you only have to purchase a welcome pack of discounted products and a monthly coaching fee, depending on the brand)
- You receive unlimited commissions from the total sales made by the distributors that you recruit
- You have full control over the choice of products and services that you would like to sell
- The rate of business growth can be exponential if smartly managed. There are few businesses in the world which offers the opportunity to scale up so fast
- You meet and build relationships with team members, providing you with a great social life
- There may be a lot of hidden additional expenses to fork out for such as outside meals, fuel, hotel accommodations to attend events etc
- You must be prepared for experiencing many rejections and to not take it personally
- You should be prepared to spend at least 30 days helping a new person come into the industry, training them, supporting them and holding their hand until they feel confident to be able to go off on their own. You really need to ask yourself, are you willing to do that? Are you able to do that? This is really about long-term relationship building. It’s not about just bringing people into the business and just moving forward
- Close to 90% of the people fail to go beyond the first level and wound up their business in first three months
If this style of coaching interests you, there are many health and wellness brands that offer multi-level network marketing opportunities that you can sign up to. If you would like to learn more, read the top 20 health and wellness network marketing companies you can sign up to today.
Personal online coaching business
- You can develop digital and physical products that complement your coaching services for additional income
- You can start your business while training and take steps to become certified while you earn money coaching
- You may decide to invest in formal training and certifications, which can be expensive
- You need to be 100% on form for every session, with every client, regardless of what is happening in your personal life
- It can be difficult to build up a client base when you are just starting out
- It can be lonely being a solo entrepreneur
Choosing A Name For A Brand
Business name ideas for health and wellness coaching
Once you have made a decision on the type of coach that you would like to become, you then have to make a decision about health and wellness business names.
Choosing a name for a brand can be a tough task. Many coaches use their personal name so that they come across as more familiar and personable when approaching prospects.
However, when thinking of business names for health and wellness coaching it is important to take into account the following points:
i) Think ahead about where you vision your business going in the future.
If you will want to sell your business someday, it will be easier to sell your wellness business if there is a business name that is separate from your personal name (so that someone else can take over the business from you.)
ii) Use a personal name if you favour flexibility.
Health coaching businesses evolve. You may think you want to focus on a particular type of clients, but then after 2 years realize that you are ready to move onto working with a different type of clients. If you’ve named your business using a word to describe the first group of clients, then you will have to rebrand when you want to shift your market. However, if you use your own name as your business name, you can simply update the content on your website, without needing to rebrand.
Useful tools for choosing a name for a brand:
To help inspire you to find health and wellness business name ideas, I recommend using the following online tools:
- Domain checker – choosing brand name based on URL availability
- Social media username checker – check if the brand name is available on social media platforms*
- Business name generator – discover new brand name ideas based around a key word or name
- 149 More Catchy Health Coaching Business Names
*Please note: when choosing an instagram name, for example, you may need to try using an under scroll ‘_’ or a full stop ‘.’ within the spaces of your brand name if it has been shown as taken. For example, the brand ‘Vibrant Yogini’ is able to use the handle ‘vibrantyogini’ on most social platforms. However on Instagram, they have had to use the handle ‘vibrant_yogini.’ This also applies when choosing a twitter name, and any other social media platform.
Create A Coaching Business Plan
Creating a business plan will help you learn how to succeed in network marketing and your coaching business. The actual process of creating a business plan gives you a clearer outlook and understanding of the future of your business, the industry as a whole, and the steps you need to grow it.
Make sure that you include the following sections:
- Company Description – Define what you do, what differentiates you from your competitors, and who your target customer is. You will get asked this a lot throughout your network marketing career, so it’s important to outline this from the start. It is important here to define your ‘why.’ This is your major driving force, your reason WHY you decided to become a health and wellness coach. It could be family, financial freedom or time freedom. Make sure it is strong and you have it written down in a place that you can refer back to it on those days when obstacles keep arising. If your ‘Why’ isn’t big enough to keep you driven, then unfortunately statistics state that the chances of you continuing on are not in your favour.
- Define Your Target Clients – You MUST understand your audience best suited for your small business opportunity. You must be in touch with their needs, there inner most desires for change. You must know what drives them to want to better their life.
- Market Analysis – Thoroughly research network marketing and your potential customers. You should research your industry, market, and competitors.
- Organization & Management – Like I mentioned earlier in this article, it is important to think about your business vision for the future. Will you be running a solo coaching business, or are you building a brand working alongside and with others in your business? Define each person in your business: ownership level, skills, background, experience, etc.
- Service or Product Line – If you chose something you believe in, this part will be simple. Write all the details about what you are selling, including the benefits to the customer, the product lifecycle, and the story behind the product or service.
- Marketing & Sales – Have you decided how you plan to increase your revenue? This section asks what your business’s marketing and sales strategy is.
- Funding Request – Only include this if you actually need funding for your business.
- Financial Projections – Write down how much you realistically think you can make from your network marketing business. Outline your projected income and expenses.
- Executive Summary – Summarise all the information you have included so far and place it at the beginning of your business plan.
Wellness Network Marketing Success Tips
Grow your reputation as being a good up-line leader
An up-line is the general term describing the level above others. So, your up-line leader will be the level above you, and you are the up-line leader of the level below you.
- You need to be supportive
- Automate your social media so you spare more time to phone your downline team members.
- Create digital pdf guides to help your team members make business plans and grow their downlines. You can promote your style of support when searching and influencing for more new team members to join.
2. Take consistent action everyday
Speak to at least one prospect per day. As Tony Robbins says, repetition is the mother of learning. Skill grows in direct proportion to experience. If you do something enough and are working to improve, you will get better. You will get better at finding the right types of people as well as getting better at building relationships with prospects online to persuade them to join your team. Make sure you create that business plan, get organised with a to-do list, and remain consistent. Without actions on a consistent basis, your coaching business will fail.
3. Setup e-mail marketing autoresponders
When you capture leads, the autoresponder can follow up with that person. One of the greatest keys to success in this industry is follow-up. Automation on the internet has allowed this process to become much more consistent.
4. Always work on self-development
You must put in the time to work on yourself daily. The top leaders and top income earners in today’s online marketing world are also top learners. They are avid readers with a daily ritual of self improvement. Simply put, if you take a look at any one who’s made any significant amount of money in the coaching industry, you will be assured that they work on their personal development daily and have the library to back it up.
5. Make sure the business is not about you!
When you start a business, you must start your business with the prospect in mind. At the end of the day, your business is there to serve other people.
6. Don’t overwhelm yourself
Avoid trying to accomplish too many marketing projects at one time. Outsource difficult marketing tasks, that you are unsure of how to productively and efficiently complete, to an expert. Your time is valuable in this business. Removing this workload will allow you to focus on building relationships with and helping with your clients or prospects.
>> Check out this article: Business Startup Consulting – 6 Common Marketing Mistakes To Avoid
7. Decide what offline marketing collateral to invest in
As well as business cards and branded letterheads, you may decide to get a brochure of your services printed to hand out to your target audience. For more information and advice on this, check out this guide on writing brochures that generate sales leads.
Online Marketing Tips For Health And Wellness Coaches
Think about how you are going to advertise your services or products. You can:
- Build a website and write reviews as well as advertise the products in a shop to help you stand out from other distributors or coaches. Outsource the website building to an expert, and get them to help set up a shop for you.
- Create a Facebook page and group to communicate with your team or client groups within.
- Join other Facebook groups and connect with people who have similar interests. It is ok to add people as friends and send them a friendly message about the reason why you are connecting.
- Use Instagram to show other people what your business is doing and how your products or services have helped both you and other people.When used right, this can help grow your business.
Build a loyal following
- Use Instagram stories to show your authentic side. When successful, you can win over your followers and turn them into sales.
- Create digital freebies to go with the products or services you are selling. For example:
- If you are selling essential oils, you can create an essential oil guide or recipe book which uses the products you are selling.
- Or if you are selling protein powder, you can create mini workouts to give out for free with the products when you make a sale.
- Or if you are selling coaching with you, think of guides and templates you can create that will help your target market, then throw them in for free when someone books a session with you.
- Or if you are recruiting people on to your team, create helpful guides and video lessons to assist them in growing their business. You can then use clips from the videos to advertise sneak previews of what prospects can expect when signing up with you or becoming part of your team.
- Use social media to ask key questions which can boost engagement and help you to find out more about your followers so that you can design a winning outreach program to secure clients.
- Always celebrate victories social media, whether they are your own or the successes of your team members or clients. This is especially true in the beginning. Make a big deal about it. People yearn for recognition and most people rarely get it in their jobs.
CTA Certified Coach Program
Become a certified coach with paying clients and a growing practice in just 6 months, by following the International Coach Federation (ICF) Approved Coach Training programme.
The certification training takes place via weekly teleclass and is supported by a state of the art online virtual classroom that you can access 24/7 and keep in touch with your classmates between the weekly calls.
When you sign up to the course you will get access to:
- The Certified Coach Program is certified as 60 hours of Approved Coach Specific Training Hours by the International Coach Federation.
- Best-selling book: Think and Grow Rich for Coaches – Napoleon Hill’s timeless classic now updated and revised specifically for coaches by Will Craig. New features include the thirteen Laws of the Universe.
- A platform to easily create a FREE website for your coaching business
- Lifetime subscription to access The Coach Training Accelerator™ Online Coaching Community sets a new bar for online coach training as a fully digital interactive online training community – the first of it’s kind in the industry.
- Free success without selling e-course – Gain higher visibility and greater credibility by learning strategies, techniques, and detailed formulas used by successful professionals who hate to sell.
- Access To The CTA Virtual Classroom – All of your training is delivered via teleclasses and the state of the art Virtual Classroom that provides access 24/7 to all your training materials and keeps you connected to your peers in between the weekly calls.
- Free Listing on The Life Coach Directory – All CTA Certified Coaches are eligible for a completely free listing on the highly ranked CTA Coach Directory as soon as you graduate! CTA helps you grow your coaching business like no other training school can!
- Free Access to The CTA Coaching Vault
Building and maintaining a successful coaching business takes a lot of hard work and effort. You have to be realistic with yourself as to whether you have the genuine drive and passion for what you are trying to sell and deliver. The best health and wellness coaches put the customers at the forefront and aim to satisfy their needs.
Remember to take care of your self and be aware of digital health and wellness.
Smart health and wellness coaches often hire the help of online marketing experts as well as a business mentor in order to optimise their time and remain productive.
Before you create your business marketing plan, it will be useful to check out the following articles:
>> Business Startup Consulting – 6 Common Marketing Mistakes To Avoid
>> 8 Of The Latest Digital Marketing Advantages
Finally, if you would like to discuss your business and marketing needs then get in touch using the form below.
To setup an initial consultation by phone, please fill in the following contact form:
In your message, please also include the following:
- Your full name and business name
- A brief overview of your:
- current marketing activity
- desired business goal
- target market and industry
- If available, any budget range and specific timescales.
Reasons to register:
- Exclusive special offers and discounts
- Additional industry marketing news updates for fitness, health and wellness businesses.
How we use your information:
Don’t forget to save this pin to Pinterest: